"We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us."
Lucy Maud Montgomery
Self-help is the act of helping or improving yourself without relying on anyone else.
The Internet, and the ever-expanding selection of commercial and information services it offers, is an example of movement toward self-help on a grand scale.
The concept of self-help has also found purchase, however, in more expansive genres.
For many people, self-help has become a way of saving cost especially in legal settings, with self-help services available to help with routine legal matters from filing wills to domestic processes to recording property deeds.
The connotations of the phrase often apply particularly to education, business, psychological or psychotherapeutic nostrums, purveyed through the popular genre of the "self-help" books and self-help personal development movements.
When I use this term I personally refer to self improvement and personal development concepts.
The term may also refer to
* traditional concepts of education or training,
* counselling and coaching for personal transformation,
* New Age movement and spiritual beliefs and concepts - including "inner pathways" to solve social and psychological issues,
* professional development business trainers (some treat the whole person instead of business only),
* the storyline of a particular character in a film, book or television series, detailing how they develop as a character.
Area of work
1. Research and contribution: Development in this area means that you are contributing something original to the society and to the world and to your community. You are using your potential to make a difference to the world.
2. Mental knowledge and learning: Are you learning something new each day of the week and each week of the year? Development in this area excites you and keeps your mind lubricated. You remain open to new skills and keep pushing the envelope and stretching your mind.
3. Work, career and job: Improve your knowledge in the field you work in in order to do the job you want, have the opportunities you want, etc.
4. Financial matters: Gain more wealth while working less. Money management (mortgage, real estate, market, etc) is one of the many are working on.
5. Self help, character, spirituality and emotions: Become able to control your feelings, how you see others, your perceptions of the world. Develop your true self.
6. Physical health: Learn to exercise, to be able to maintain the motivation to do so.
7. Fun and adventure: Make your life more interesting by doing things you don't do generally. Do something people don't know you for.
8. Intimate relationship: Revive the old flame between you and your partner, develop your sensitive side, the place where you listen to your partner needs.
9. Home, family and relatives: Developing home abilities such as cooking, washing, cleaning. Learn how to make your family proud of you.
10. Social circle, friends and clubs: Learn how to create/develop long lasting relationships with your friends, how to approach people you don't know, to convey the message you want to send.
Other Articles in this section:
The power of positive thinking
When I began to use the power of positive thinking, the answers seemed to come to me much more clearly, and I felt energized.
Stop smoking cigarettes
IN order to truly stop smoking cigarettes you have to look within and remove your negative attitudes first.
Quit smoking cigarettes
The oral act is a big part of smoking. Use a pencil, an imaginary butt, or even-if you're brave-a real unlit cig, and each time you have the crave to drag, inhale really deeply and satisfyingly, instead.
One of the most obvious causes of stress is work but people are feeling stress from their family life, over money problems, and just from being overly stretched out.
The motivation speakers actually provided me with a whole new perspective on life.
What really matters in life is having time to enjoy it while you are young. I work less.
Yoga exercises requires that the person places themselves in various postures, or asanas, to strengthen and align the spinal column, thought to be the location of the chakras, or the body’s centers of energy.
Taking a yoga class is a deeply personal experience. For some people, the right yoga Center is easy to find.
Quit smoking help
One thing is for certain; we're never going to stop until all smoking is banned in all public places. You want to know why?
Whether your workout schedule includes boxing and yoga, or Pilates and weight training doesn't really matter as much as the end result.
Benefits of meditation
When your body is relaxed and free from routine torments, it relaxes and aids your muscles and mind.
There are number of things about yoga that make it particular appealing, chiefly because it helps to promote mental and physical well being.
One reason why yoga therapy appears to be so popular and beneficial is because it works on many levels.
Maybe what you're daily routine is lacking is some decent meditation techniques. Tons of people are taking full advantage of this age-old practice.
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
Maybe there are a few things you'd like to change
Self Help Books
Have you ever heard of self help books?
Listening isn't something that people are taught
How to improve study skills
Improving study skills takes, first, a true desire. You may not have the best grades, or you will have acceptable scores and grades but still feel disorganized, or as if you were just barely making it—treading water in a pool of hungry sharks.
Improving communication skills
Communication is a complex system that involves a number of different talents including eye contact, body language and the ability to work with both functional and figurative language
Improve reading skills
Many people who want to improve reading skills are already avid readers
How to overcome shyness
Remember that very first day of school? You were all stoked about venturing off to your new classroom and meeting all the cool kids, and just basically having a great time
Learn from Home at Mc2elearning.com